I love the way the logo is embroidered into the hat and it looks GREAT, much better than a patch. But....
1) The buckle in the back is awful. It doesn't stay tightened. I have to tighten it EVERY SINGLE TIME I want to wear the hat, which is every day.
2) The buckle broke after wearing it for about 6 months. Probably because I had to tighten it every time I wanted to wear it.
3) Black Cotton is not a great material when you want to wear your hat during water sport activity in the ocean or salt water such as kayaking, SUP even whale watching because the salt water stains are a pain in the ass to remove, so you end up with white rings all over the hat.
4) Cotton is also WAY TO HOT to wear if you live in a very sunny area such as So. California, Florida, south America, SE Asia etc. I'm kind of disappointed that I won't be able to wear my Sea Shepherd hat into the jungles of Vietnam.
1) Use Velcro adjustable straps in the back
2) Use a nylon material which is super easy to clean the salt stains off and is MUCH cooler to wear in very warm weather. The one hat I have that is made of 100% nylon is made by DORFMAN PACIFIC CO.
I hope Sea Shepherd reads this and is willing to consider some changes. I love this organization and support them with donations monthly. Would be nice for a little better BB hat though.